Hey, better late than never, right? *crosses fingers*
So to complete my first “goal” — I made some better ROW80 goals:
- Writing: Spend at least 5 hours each week revising Mage Slave. Finish character profiles for the remaining key characters. Shoot for about 10% a week, although I’m not sure that’s realistic at all. We’ll see!
- Health & Fitness: Today’s weigh-in prompted more seriousness and motivation in this area. Gym twice a week. Additional cardio once a week. Track calories every day in Livestrong. Aiming for 1.5 pounds a week.
- Game: Have all main screens for our game designed by the end of this ROW. This one is kind of vague, but I think it’s still doable.
- Reading: Read at least one book, bonus points for 2. I’m going to start with If You Want To Write: A Book About Art, Independence and Spirit by Brenda Ueland, recommended by Felicia Day on this week’s Flog. (Below if you want to see!) From a quick glance on Amazon I immediately one-click ordered the one that would arrive the soonest. It seriously looks amazing. If I get to a second book, it will be fiction, probably Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck. Love the cover! Also, finish Story Engineering (almost there!).
So how is it going so far?
- Writing:Spent about 2 hours revising this week so far. Pretty good I think.
- Health & Fitness: Did gym today with weights and cardio. Tracked food and was easily under and enjoying myself. Feeling great! Hope this lasts.
- Game: Marathon Friday and Saturday night game workathon – no worries here, full of progress.
- Reading: Ordered If You Want To Write: A Book About Art, Independence and Spirit. Read a bit more Story Engineering – should be done soon!
Now that I have some good goals, let’s get this party started!