I am still humming along, hitting my most important goal of putting in time writing for every check-in. I have a schedule of rewards, and I write down each time I spent some time working, like a little time card. I just passed 10 hours this ROW – which means I can get my first reward! I had planned for a candle to burn during writing time, but since I am mostly writing on the go these days, in coffee shops or during opportune nap times, I am not sure it’s the best reward. I need to think of some more! I am still hoping to get to my 50 hour reward – my Etsy jewelry purchase.
What would you do to reward yourself for your hard work at writing? Any ideas for my rewards?
Here is how I’m doing with each goal in particular:
Writing / Editing:
Goal: 30 minutes of anything twice a week! – I am WAY overachieving on this goal. Got in another hour and a half!
Stretch goal: Finish revising 2 scenes per week, Think of 2 new story ideas a week! – Just part of one scene, but that’s good enough for me!
Goal: Yoga once a week, Walk twice a week, Ab exercises everyday! – Yoga class was great, and I am even a little sore. I am NOT sore from the ab exercises I’m not doing however. ;-]
Stretch goal: Strength train once a week, Lose 10 lbs by Fall. – Still workin on it…
Although I am still struggling to hit all of my exercise goals, I feel like I may need to up them. This is just not much exercise to help me lose weight, especially since I can’t seem to keep myself from eating like horse while still breastfeeding and not getting the best sleep…. But that’s life! The question is how I can fit in more exercise with Baby…. We shall see!
I’m ready to restart this writing thing now that I’ve recovered a bit from spawning some offspring. 😉 To do so, I’ll continue to take part in ROW80 – the writing challenge that knows you have a life. For my first ROW80 goals post-baby, I’m thinking I’ll start small.
Writing / Editing:
Goal: 30 minutes of anything twice a week!
Stretch goal: Finish revising 2 scenes per week, Think of 2 new story ideas a week!
Goal: Yoga once a week, Walk twice a week, Ab exercises everyday!
Stretch goal: Strength train once a week, Lose 10 lbs by Fall.
I may have missed some important ones, but I’ll add more as needed! Glad to be back!
Hey, better late than never, right? *crosses fingers*
So to complete my first “goal” — I made some better ROW80 goals:
- Writing: Spend at least 5 hours each week revising Mage Slave. Finish character profiles for the remaining key characters. Shoot for about 10% a week, although I’m not sure that’s realistic at all. We’ll see!
- Health & Fitness: Today’s weigh-in prompted more seriousness and motivation in this area. Gym twice a week. Additional cardio once a week. Track calories every day in Livestrong. Aiming for 1.5 pounds a week.
- Game: Have all main screens for our game designed by the end of this ROW. This one is kind of vague, but I think it’s still doable.
- Reading: Read at least one book, bonus points for 2. I’m going to start with If You Want To Write: A Book About Art, Independence and Spirit by Brenda Ueland, recommended by Felicia Day on this week’s Flog. (Below if you want to see!) From a quick glance on Amazon I immediately one-click ordered the one that would arrive the soonest. It seriously looks amazing. If I get to a second book, it will be fiction, probably Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck. Love the cover! Also, finish Story Engineering (almost there!).
So how is it going so far?
- Writing:Spent about 2 hours revising this week so far. Pretty good I think.
- Health & Fitness: Did gym today with weights and cardio. Tracked food and was easily under and enjoying myself. Feeling great! Hope this lasts.
- Game: Marathon Friday and Saturday night game workathon – no worries here, full of progress.
- Reading: Ordered If You Want To Write: A Book About Art, Independence and Spirit. Read a bit more Story Engineering – should be done soon!
Now that I have some good goals, let’s get this party started!