Well, I’m a bit late to this round, but I’m not sitting out! I discovered something lately that has probably been contributing to why I haven’t been getting my editing done — or much of anything else — but it’ll be a few more weeks before I can mention it. ;-] The good news is, by then, it should be gone!
In the meantime, here are my new goals:
- Writing: 4 hours a week of editing. Complete at least one first pass of revising on one scene a week (and then some).
- Health & Fitness: Gym twice a week. Bonus: Additional cardio once a week.
And that’s it! I want to focus down on what matters most this ROW. I’m not getting any younger, and I want to see this novel in at least a form I feel proud of presenting! ;-]
Before I started ROW and while I was still trying to finish my first draft, I had also tried establishing some rewards for big word count milestones. That really helped, so I think I’ll try it again for this ROW!
- 10 hours editing: A slice (or two!) of cheesecake (without guilt!)
- 20 hours editing: Gratuitous notebook or CD purchase!
- 30 hours editing: Special candle to burn while writing
- 50 hours editing: Pedicure at a spa
- Finishing a first pass edit on Mage Slave: priceless. Just kidding! Reward is: Etsy jewelry purchase! woo hoo!
For today, I spent 2 hours editing, sitting outside on my patio swing while the hubster built a small fence to shade our air conditioner. We both had a great time. =) Now I hope to do an hour or two more!