New Year, New Blog
Posted January 3, 2011on:
New discipline? New novel? New body? ;-] After seeing a few others doing this online, I’ve decided to keep a blog to keep track of the things I want to do better in 2011! But first a recap of good things from 2010:
- I married the man who taught me what love is really like, who makes my heart smile, my thoughts swirl, my lips sing, who fights by my side both in the real world and virtual ones. We took an epic honeymoon to California Wine Country and Hawaii! It’s hard to think of anything remotely close to that!!! But I’ll try.
- I wrote a mission statement for myself and tried to make my time match to those goals. Still more to do here but the mission was the first step.
- I took a writing workshop from Orson Scott Card that completely rejuvenated my writing habits. I also got to tell him how much he has changed my life for the better.
- I attempted NaNoWriMo and wrote about 37,000 words in a month.
- We bought our first car (full own, in cash, owe nothing kinda bought).
- I gardened a ton and loved it. Hope the bulbs come up next year!
- I also got to meet David Tutera which was pretty awesome as well! The way he helps brides is inspiring and wonderful. Right up my alley like that.
Well that’s all I can think of right now, but I’m sure there’s more. Here are the things I would like to do this new year:
- Finish my first full novel
- Lose 25 pounds and feel fit and healthy again
- Continue to practice relaxation and manage stress like I did during my wedding
- Better understand what I want from my life and match my time to it
- Stay in touch with my friends better, and visit them!